Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Steve, "35 Years of Prayer Couldn't get rid of my homosexuality"

Meet Steve, a happy coupled gay man who had to leave the Mormon church to find peace and happiness in his life.  Going against everything that he was told, he was surprised to find that he didn't lose anything, but gained ever so much more.  Steve goes thru a wide range of emotions telling his story, his tale will lead you to tears and leave you smiling.  Watch, tear up, and smile at his triumph in life.

The important thing to remember is that WE can make our lives better by living true to our hearts. While your mind is dark and locked into a prison of I can't be LBGT, and you just want to wake up one morning and have it all be a horrid dream, unfortunately it doesn't work that way. And that is ok, I know it doesn't feel that way now, but it will be, if you let it. Yes, you might lose some family members, and some friends, but if they can't respect the real you, then how good of friends were they to begin with? I've told all of my friends, and so far have only lost one. No, I haven't told my kids, if I get to the point where transition is the only way to continue living, then I will sit them down and talk to them about it. I've done the hard work, and I've decided if I tell them and they can't accept me, then it's my fault for raising narrow minded humans.

Take a breath and remember, you are not alone, no dear friend you are really not alone.


If you enjoy this, there are many more "My name is ____ and I'm an Ex Mormon videos.

2 comments:

Aek said...

Poor Mormons. :-/

Anonymous said...

Hey Biki,
I'm glad he was able to find his way. I know I want to get there too, but not sure if I can find a way. Catholics are a little better about acceptance and evangelicals much worse (same as Mormans?) in my experiance.

Roger